Call for speakers and workshops
Hacks/Hackers BA Media Party 2014
Propose Keynotes, workshops, Media Fair projects, hackathon projects for the Media Party
- Be fast, go straight to the questions: What you did? How you did it? and Why is important. We are a productive event, so instead of missing time with big context about where the journalism is going focus on your job, the magic that you created and the effect that it had in society. If you need inspiration review last schedule: http://lanyrd.com/2013/hhba/sche...
- Explain how will it work, if it last 1, 2 or 3 hours. Will you need something extra? We’re inspired in the Mozilla Festival. So, think workshops from 1, 2 or 3 hours to teach something to use (How to use DocumentCloud) or to make (How to build on D3.js), or also can think on design thinking workshops (Building your new second screen app). You will have teams of 20 or 30 people, so you must think on what to do if Internet goes down. Be attractive with the title, is the only thing that people read in the program to take a decision. IMPORTANT NOTE: YOUR WORKSHOP MUST CONTINUE IN THE HACKATHON. START A PROJECT, AND FINISH AT THE HACKDAY
* Name of the Media Fair project
We host a hackday the third day of the event, propose an idea to make it happen and run for a 10.000 usd grant.
* Name of the Hackathon project
You will have a table to show your best tool, app, platform like in a Science Fair. The Media Fair is an space with tables and laptops where people shows their projects, products, and share cards. Is the moment when you will have the chance to show your personal project, something that you like, that you did. It takes 2 hours the first day.
This call is now closed. You can find more information here.
Opened on: 2nd July 2014
Closed on: 7th August 2014
- Notification date: 14th August 2014