Your current filters are…
“Setting out to create a joyful intranet experience, the team at Swiss Mobiliar focused on usability and user experience throughout the redesign.The result is a site that lets users find content and company expertise, connect with others, and enjoy a personalized site experience,” said usability expert Jakob Nielsen about the Mobiliar intranet. In his presentation, Björn will show which UCD methods lead to success and should be applied in intranet projects. In a live demo he will then show the award-winning intranet and the striking features.
Additionally, Björn will share some insight from his recent investigations in the field of UX of mobile intranets. He compared and user-tested the UX of mobile web apps and native apps, based on different high-fidelity prototypes. His findings answer the following questions:
* Which are the success factors for an optimal mobile UX design?
* Which technical factors have an immediate or mediate effect?
* How far are (overstated) security precautions an obstacle towards the best possible mobile UX?
* Which functions are "killer functionalities" for the mobile intranet?
* How much support does the user need at the launch of a mobile intranet?
Barclays Bank is one of the two Intranet Innovation Platinum Award winners in 2013. They created a mobile intranet which is targeted at frontline staff in branches. MyZone’s rich mixture of content and functionality has played a major part in achieving a 50 per cent decline in customer complaints about staff’s product knowledge, as well as a 22 per cent rise in employee engagement.
Dave will present this mobile intranet with focus on:
by Shel Holtz
BYOD -- Bring Your Own Device -- is a grass roots movement that is taking the business world by storm. Employees are finding their own ways to improve efficiency using their own smartphones and tablets, even if they have a company-supplied phone. With the momentous shift to mobile computing that's taking place outside the company, it's now time for organizations to think "mobile first" for their internal communications and transactions. Communications expert Shel Holtz will explain...
* How mobile lets you reach employees in the "have-not" category, those without access to the intranet
* Why text messaging may be one of your most effective mobile tools
* How Augmented Reality, QR Codes and other tools can fit neatly into an internal communications strategy
25th–27th February 2014