Tuesday 19th August, 2014
6:45pm to 7:45pm
In order to help organizations manage the rapid changes inevitable in today’s business environment, project managers and business analysts have to influence other stakeholders, regardless of their position in the organization. What makes this ability to influence without authority seem so easy for some and nearly impossible for others? Some follow the three steps which comprise the Influencing Formula. In this presentation you will be shown how the Influencing Formula works and the three steps required to effectively influence without authority.
Specifically this presentation describes:
· The distinction between influence, persuasion, and manipulation
· The relationship between authority and power
· What the Influencing Formula is and why it is needed to effectively influence
· Tips for building and maintaining trust
· How to be the trusted advisor to business owners and sponsors to help them manage change
· The role of courage in effective influencing.
Attendees will be able to:
•Describe why it is vital for PMs and BAs to influence stakeholders.
•Discuss what it really means to influence without authority.
• Describe the ingredients necessary to effectively influence without authority.
CEO Watermark Learning, content lead PMBOK 5th Scope Mgmt, lead author BABOK 2.0. Ch. 2. Passion for how PMs and BAs work together, grandkids, & travel. bio from Twitter
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session