Track 1: Key Concepts and Tools
- Key Concepts of Lean - Understand how all the key lean tools work together as a fundamentally better business system and the step-by-step thought process for creating it. (2 Days)
- Standardized Work: The Foundation for Kaizen - Build the foundation for successful and sustainable kaizen efforts by learning how to apply one of the most powerful but least used lean tools. Without the discipline of standardized work, you’ll never make improvements “stick.”
- Kaizen: the Culture of Continuous Improvement - Learn a proven structure to evaluate, implement, review, and recognize improvement proposals that are aligned with the company’s continuous improvement objectives.
Track 2: Lean Problem Solving
- Problem Solving to Align Purpose, Process and People - Discover the key values and competencies critical to implementing and sustaining a problem-solving culture based on the scientific method of plan-do-check-act. (2 Days)
- Managing to Learn: The Use of the A3 Management Process -Using lessons from the popular Managing to Learn book, you’ll practice using the A3 management and thinking processes, which are critical for implementing and sustaining a lean problem-solving culture. (2 Days)
Track 3: Lean Management System
- The Lean Management System - Structured in repetitive cycles of Learn-See-Do, this workshop will give you the elements of the Lean Management System and explain how they work together to create a system of continuous improvement through collaborative problem solving. (2 Days)
- Leader Standard Work - If you’ve run kaizen workshops or other lean activities that dramatically changed work process for the better, but haven’t changed your management activities, the operational changes won’t last for long. Learn what you have to do to sustain them.
- Visual Management - Understand how to create a cohesive visual management system that signals where abnormalities exist in a value stream, and how to use visual management as part of the overall lean management system.
- Improvement Kata / Coaching Kata- Learn how kata patterns of thought and action help you and your team improve systematically every day by applying a scientific routine that can be applied to any goal. (3 Days)
- Optimizing Flow in Office and Service Processes - Take the next step after the “Value-Stream Mapping for Office and Service” workshop by deepening your understanding of the key lean concepts of standard work, visual management, flow, and pull as you apply them to information-intensive processes.
- Value-Stream Mapping: a Methodology for Sustainable System Improvement - Effectively manage the tools and methods to implement the future state and the corresponding implementation plans – two objectives that many organizations struggle with after creating current state maps. (2 Days)
- Gemba Walks - A Management Process for Leading the Organization - You’ll actually walk a working gemba to practice observing how work is performed and applying management behaviors that support continuous improvement through relentless problem solving.
- 5S - Visual Workplace - After an introduction to the foundational lean concepts of Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, you’ll discover how to use an implementation structure, and how to audit your 5S effort for effectiveness.
Workshops will run January 21-24 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel in Dallas. You can get complete content descriptions by calling (617) 871-2900, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , or at the Training page of the LEI web site.