Wednesday 19th November, 2014
8:30am to 4:30pm
Whether you’re dealing with Public Sector or Higher Education, Executive Officers across the board are faced with an increasingly competitive and uncertain working environment. Understanding the complex matrix of expectations and responsibilities has never been more critical, as opportunities arise for aspiring Executive Officers to inhabit more and more central management and leadership roles. But when it comes to learning how to effectively achieve influence and strategically engage both staff and management, understanding the obstacles is just as important as knowing the tools.
The more time-poor we all are, the shorter our attention spans seem to become. How do you achieve cut through in an environment of information overload and pitch your message in a team of diverse personalities, backgrounds and cultural frameworks? How do you act as an influencer without direct authority? Go beyond the basics in this intensive masterclass as Geoff gets one-on-one with the individual tools you need to enhance your communication skills and maximise your ability to shape decisions and culture. This full day hands-on workshop delivers a comprehensive deep-dive for honing the negotiation and relationship-building skills that will transform an Executive Officer into a networking expert, influencer and leader.
• Communicating with precision and relevancy when engaging stakeholders
• Understanding the challenges and obstacles to effective team leadership
• Tackling information overload and prioritising on the fly
• High-level practical tools for streamlining time and workload management
• Identifying and engaging with broader departmental context and goals
• Reactive or proactive – finding the right balance
• Understanding and adapting to organisational change
• Building mutually beneficial relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Defining and acting with authentic leadership
Director; Kelly Strategic Influence
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session