Thursday 23rd January, 2014
2:00pm to 4:00pm
At the workshop, we will discuss several issues including:
• Nursing home costs – the myth of the five year look back.
• The advantages and disadvantages of Wills and Living Trusts.
• How to maintain your privacy and protect your estate against a living probate
if you become disabled (Hint: Not all Powers of Attorney are valid!)
• How to leave property to your children –
yes, there’s a right way and wrong way!
• Why putting property in children’s names may be a mistake.
• How to protect one spouse when the other needs nursing home care.
• How to protect your children’s inheritance from their future ex-spouses, lawsuits, and other claims.
• How to preserve your estate for your kids if your surviving spouse gets remarried.
• How Probate works and more importantly,
how you can avoid Probate altogether!
• How you can qualify and use Medicaid to pay for nursing home expenses which average over
$10,000 per month locally.
• How to provide for special needs (disabled) children and grandchildren.
• How you may be able to minimize federal taxes.
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session