Friday 6th November, 2015
11:00am to 11:50am
Skype for Business (formerly Lync) in Office 365 is really great for working with students in a safe and secure environment to extend learning beyond the classroom, either in one to one or group situations - up to 250 participants! OASBO ICT uses Skype for Business to bring its members from across the province into fully interactive and immersive meetings with video, voice and desktop sharing.
This is what you can do in the Skype for Business environment:
• Just use Lync IM to work through files on the shared screen with students and staff.
• Turn on video and audio for more realistic interactions;
• Share resources online in real time;
• Type or draw notes on top of slides to aid explanations and learning;
• Use the polling feature to check students’ engagement with the session content;
• Record Lync meetings for future reference.
Through the Skype for Education website https://education.skype.com/, educators can:
• Collaborate with other classes, no matter where they are;
• Find guest speakers and invite them into your classroom;
• Take a virtual field trip anywhere in the world.
Todd Wilcox, Grade 7&8 teacher at St Michael Catholic School and Chris Demers, Chief Information Officer at Waterloo Catholic District School Board and formerly Manager of ICT P&P at the London District Catholic School Board will present how they have utilized Office 365 Skype for Business in both their educational and administrative environment.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” Sir Ken Robinson
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session