Functional programming offer a stateless approach to managing data efficiently, parallelism for highly scalable processing and a flexible component (microservices) design. These features enable developers to deliver the applications the modern financial markets require to maintain a competitive advantage.
We will discuss how Clojure is an effective choice for functional programming:
– a simple syntax that’s easy to learn
– managing data is core to the language
– built-in persistent data structures that maintain a stateless approach
– Software transactional memory for managing state changes seamlessly and safely
– modern build automation & development tooling
– interoperability with the Java platform & your existing applications
Clojure is extensible via macros, allowing the growth of a wide range of libraries to increase application development speed further.
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session