Wednesday 8th April, 2015
11:00am to 12:30pm
This course will cover everything you need to know to run web applications on Heroku. We'll use a pre-made application for the class, but afterwards you should be ready to move on to write and run your own apps! Attendees should already have a basic knowledge of Python and a familiarity with command-line tools, but no experience with web applications or Heroku is expected.
* Creating Heroku applications
* The ""12-factor app"" and how it applies to Python
* Deploying to Heroku
* Viewing and monitoring application logs
* Managing configuration variables and addons
* Scaling up and down
* Monitoring and understanding performance
* The basics of the Heroku Platform API
* Common questions, problems, and solutions
Before the class, attendees should make sure they have a working installation of Python, and they should install the Heroku Toolbelt (http://toolbelt.heroku.com/).
Herokai, Djangonaut, chocolate lover, musician, IP minimalist, YIMBY. bio from Twitter
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session