Wednesday 30th September, 2015
2:30pm to 3:10pm
Do you want to make legacy projects responsive, only to find that legacy writing and coding makes it difficult to convert to responsive design. What’s the solution? This session looks at:
- Responsive design’s technologies - relative sizing, fluid grids, and media queries.
- Legacy issues – local formatting, image styles, hand-formatted tables, and more.
- New issues – selecting images for different resolutions, srcset, and “movie” issues.
- The effect on writing and the “mobile first” philosophy.
The session is tool-independent but touches on how Flare and RoboHelp handle many tasks through the GUI. You’ll leave better prepared to convert legacy projects to responsive design.
Owner / Principal Consultant of Hyper/Word Services
Neil Perlin will present two workshops at TCUK 2015 from 29/09 - 01/10 at The Beardmore Hotel and Conference Centre:
- Creating Mobile Apps without Programming – A New Opportunity for Technical Communicators
- Preparing Legacy Help Projects for Responsive Design
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session