Monday 3rd October, 2016
1:00pm to 2:30pm
The event provides a robust framework for decision-making by delivering pertinent information on cost drivers, economics, international developments and finished steel markets with a focus on the outlook for steel sheet.
Steel markets around the world have been significantly weakened by Chinese steel exports, but ongoing trade defense cases and lower input costs for US mills are delivering a much needed boost in profitability in the short term. Maintaining that profitability in a highly competitive market, while providing a competitive offering for steel intensive manufacturers in the US, is the longer-term challenge.
• What is the outlook for scrap prices?
• How significant will Turkish steel imports be?
• Just how will new capacity affect the market, and will currently idled capacity be brought back online?
• Will duties drive imports of steel intensive goods higher?
• What impact will anti-dumping and countervailing duties in steel have on the competitiveness of US manufacturing?
The conference draws together leading analysts and steel industry executives to share their views on the key issues shaping the markets. From presentations, to panel discussions to fire-side chats, the event uses a variety of formats to deliver information and provides delegates with insights and networking opportunities that create real value.
For up-to-date forecasts that stand up to scrutiny, and the opportunity to network with leading steel buyers, book your place today.
until September 4: USD 1575
September 5-September 16: USD 1785
September 17- October 3: USD 1835
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session