Workshop: Getting Beyond "app.get()": ExpressJS Middleware Explained and Explored
ExpressJS makes it incredibly easy to get started setting up an http server.
But as your app grows in size and complexity an `app.js` full of routing calls
can become unwieldy and hard to manage.
This workshop will walk you through how ExpressJS middleware actually works and
show you how to:
- Use the `express.Router` object to modularize routes by resource type (REST noun)
- Correctly order app routes and multi-function routes by knowing how middleware "flows"
- Use the `next()` function to selectively apply common app logic like authentication and authorization
- Understand what third-party middlewares like `body-parser` are actually doing
- Introduce custom properties on the request object
- Use parameter based middleware
- Setup common error handling
About the speaker
Using magic 'cuz software is massless
bio from Twitter
Next session in Main Room
to add slides, notes or videos to this session