Currently in read only mode, sorry about that, please try again in a few hours.
Will you be the Hunter or the Prey?
The Threat Hunting & Incident Response Summit will focus on specific hunting and incident response techniques and capabilities that can be used to identify, contain, and eliminate adversaries targeting your networks. SANS and our Founding Partner Carbon Black are pleased to invite you to the Summit where you will have the opportunity to directly learn from and collaborate with incident response and detection experts who are uncovering and stopping the most recent, sophisticated, and dangerous attacks against organizations.
Chances are very high that hidden threats already exist inside your organization's networks. Organizations can't afford to assume that their security measures are impenetrable, no matter how thorough their security precautions might be. Prevention systems alone are insufficient to counter focused human adversaries who know how to get around most security and monitoring tools.
The key is to constantly look for attacks that get past security systems, and to catch intrusions in progress rather than after attackers have attained their objectives and done worse damage to the organization. For the incident responder, this process is known as "threat hunting." Threat hunting uses known adversary behaviors to proactively examine the network and endpoints and identify new data breaches.
The Summit will explore the following:
- The effectiveness of threat hunting in reducing the dwell time of adversaries
- Threat hunting - Buzzword or Actionable Strategy?
- Automated threat hunting: Fact or fiction
- Threat hunting tools, tactics, and techniques that can be used to improve the defense of your organization
- Case studies on the application of threat hunting to security operations
- Innovative threat hunting tactics and techniques
- New tools that can help threat hunting for both endpoints and networks
- Perspectives and case studies that challenge threat hunting assumptions and can result in a shift in understanding
presented by Philip Hagen
presented by Chris Crowley
presented by Anuj Soni
presented by Jake Williams
presented by Alissa Torres
presented by Chris Pizor
859 Convention Center Boulevard, 70130