As you'd expect with the open web, you don't need to install or update anything, just point your mobile device at m.lanyrd.com and off you go!
The new app does everything the old one did, but faster and shinier. Our device support remains as ambitious as ever, you should expect it to work on your latest super-phone from outer-space but also on your ageing business phone that "the company" refuses to upgrade. If it doesn't work for you, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Less capable devices will get a standard web experience, whereas newish iPhone/Android/Blackberry devices will get offline storage, performance enhancements and minor bits of visual glitter.
- Save offline without signing in; Although we recommend logging in to sync events across devices.
- Faster offline access; we store events you are attending or tracking offline and load them instantly — no need to wait for the conference wifi. Updates are fetched in the background.
- Suggested events; we have renamed this tab from "Contacts' events". We still show you suggested events that your twitter contacts are going to or interested in, but we now also show you upcoming events that have been added to any guides you are tracking. This is similar to what we already do on lanyrd.com.
- New "Profile" tab; this new tab shows your profile so you can easily see your information.
- Better event schedules; we know lots of events have large schedules so we've redesigned the schedule page to make it easier for you to navigate. Events with long schedules can also now be searched.
- Improved speaker pages; these now include more information on each speaker including their bio if we have it, which sessions they're speaking at, upcoming speaking engagements, and events they're attending or are involved with.
- Improved attendee pages; similar to the speaker pages, these now include more information on each attendee, including their upcoming events. This provides you with more ways to connect with others during events
- Venue pages; get contact details for an event's venue, very handy if you get lost!
If you're an iPhone user, you should check out our native iOS app, available in the App Store.